Thursday, November 24, 2011

Experiencing failure.

Hi guys,
So lately, people've been telling me that they are doing so bad in certain classes that they want to... die.
It might sound like they are taking it to the extreme - wanting to die just because of a B or C in a class.
I, however, know that feeling, pretty well.
I've been doing bad in my classes lately; especially Chemistry, a low C.
It's not like I don't do any work or study. I studied for a few hours for today's test. Guess what I got?
+8/30... Yep. I failed two tests in a row, failed as in D/F.
I remember back in my sophomore and freshmen year, "failing" was a B or anything not perfect.
Now? Junior year? Failing IS failing.
During times like this, all I can feel is disappointment.
I start to question myself, my abilities, school, education, purpose of life - why study?
I asked myself, "What is wrong with me? Am I slacking off or am I just not smart enough?"
I hate this question because it makes me realize how unfocused and lazy I've been. I want to change/ improve, but it is not easy.
This question also makes me feel like the dumbest person ever - "Am I that dumb that I am failing these tests? Why arent I getting these questions right? Why am I so stupid..."
I was talking to a friend today and he told me he felt devastated when he wanst ranked top 3 in his class.
I know how that feels because I was once like that too.
Now? I've lowered my standards. It's so low that I would be pleased to get just a C in AP Chem.
Lowering it this much is not going to be beneficial to myself because I am not aiming for a high goal.
But lowering it this much will make me feel better - It would be easier to please myself.
Oh dang,
Can we just get high school over with.