Sunday, February 12, 2012

Vignette #2 Maybe One Day (Sorry for my shitty writing and corniness. but i liked the idea.)


(To the "Him" thats reading this. Sorry. I edited it. But the idea is still there :D ) 

“Do you believe in abstinence until marriage?”
            I took my eyes off my phone, surprised at what I've just heard.
“Uhm. Do you?”
             I asked without giving him an answer.
“Not really. But I do believe in abstinence until finding the “right one”.”
            He replied without second-guessing himself. Haha, sure. Isn’t that what everyone says.
“You believe in those fairytale love types of things? True love, soul mates, the missing puzzle?” 
          I chuckled while doing the “quotation marks” with my fingers.
“Not really, I don’t believe in that love at first sight crap. But I think I will be able to find that one girl- the girl that I will spend my entire life with, living lovey dovey-ly.”
“I don’t believe in true love. I mean…In this society where everyone is tossing love around as if it was a game of basketball. Does real love even exist anymore? And how are you ever going to know if he/she is the one. What if that person exists, but out there on the other side of the world. Are you ever going to know / find out?”
            I brought out all my questions and uncertainties about love.
“Well, I don’t think love is that magical. Seems like you are the one that’s living in the fairytale love world.” He chuckled before continuing. “I think true love is just being with someone that you feel comfortable and yourself with. Someone that you don’t mind sharing feelings with, having fun with, and sacrificing things for. Relationships aren’t going to be lovey dovey 24/7. There will be times where things will get a bit sour. You know it’s real love when you are willing to sacrifice and willing to accept his shortcomings.”
            I was shocked at what I just heard. This coming from a teenage boy who was 5 months younger than I was. Heck, he sounded like a professor in the study of love.
            Silence followed as I tried to come up with an argument. But I couldn’t. Instead of disagreeing, I took the time to digest what he have just said.
            Maybe. Maybe some-day. Maybe somewhere in the future. I will find that person.
 I will find my little “true love”.