I was late to the Queens hospital interview because my mom woke up at 8:30. We got there at around
9:06. I was 6 mins late. I was so nervous and scared that they might mark me down for that so I ran to the volunteering office. When I got there, I saw two workers and volunteers sitting there writing on envelops. The worker told me to sit down and wait. One of the volunteer started talking to me. He was funny, but I didnt know how to respond to him so I just smiled. The woman came out, introduced herself and shook my hand, then lead me to her office. She was around 5o ish? She had hair so blonde that it was white. I saw down then she started looking through my application and reference letters. She asked me what side I was more leaning towards, pharmacist or oncologist. I said pharmacist. Then she said I sound like I am the medical student material based on my reference letters. She only asked me two questions. "Why did you want to volunteer?" "Why did you choose Queens?" My answer to the second questions was pretty bad. ;P Haha and I was so nervous about it all last night. I was on google googling interview questions! She then started telling me the hospital's history and customer services. The things she said were so true. It was only a 35 mins interview yet I learned so much. She said that I've never been in the real world yet. Meaning I never worked outside of school. Thinking that volunteering at a hospital will be my first step into the real world makes me happy, and excited.
She talked about the uniforms and dress code. No jeans. ): Training doesnt sound so fun. But she
told me after training she will put me at the department I want, pharmacy or cancer. I was sitting there for a good 35 mins listening to her talk. I didnt say much because I got nothing to say. So I just smiled, said oh, mhm, and nodded. I think today was the longest time I made eye contact with someone. I stared at her eyes the entire time. She had nice blue eyes. I looked away a couple of times because it was getting awkward staring at her for so long. I didnt know where to look! My eyes were so tired afterwards. She gave me forms and a booklet. Orientation is a week from today. I am scared. Dx
After that, my mom came pick me up. We went to pick up her friend and her daughter. Went to Ala Moana. Ate at CPK. Haha it was their first time eating there. Then we went to the tax place to turn in a form. We had to sit there and wait for an hour. There were soo many people. and ants. -.- Then it was our time, it only took 3 mins to turn in the form, but an hour to wait. =___= then came home and took a 2 hour nap.
Today- Stayed home and babysat. kevin is so -____-. Such a cry baby now. He cries every 10 mins.
Called my ortho and doctor.
Getting my TB test on monday. O:
I need to finish reading my library book, Before I fall.
It's due in 3 days. And I am only halfway finished. ):
Called my ortho and doctor.
Getting my TB test on monday. O:
I need to finish reading my library book, Before I fall.
It's due in 3 days. And I am only halfway finished. ):