So many thoughts, I am having difficulty deciding where or how to start this. Let’s do this day by day.
April 9, Saturday. &. April 10, Sunday.
ZhiQiang drove us to the airport at around 9AM.Then it was the usual procedure: Checked in, walked, to the gate, and waited to board the plane. I went through that body scan thing, it was… a bit weird. Boarded the Korean Air plane~!
I was on the plane. Lol… -.-… It was a ten hour ride just to get to Korea. During that ten hour ride, I watched half of Black Swan, Little flockers(?), and Bruce Lee. I also watched this Korean movie about ghost and love (The guy from My Princess was in it :D:D). But most of the time I was just listening to my ipod while sleeping. Listened to the same songs and playlist over and over again. Airplane food… Ate bibimbap. My first time eating it, ever. :O lol. It was good. The ten hours went by kinda quickly. I was very surprised that I didn’t get plane sickness.
ZhiQiang drove us to the airport at around 9AM.Then it was the usual procedure: Checked in, walked, to the gate, and waited to board the plane. I went through that body scan thing, it was… a bit weird. Boarded the Korean Air plane~!
I was on the plane. Lol… -.-… It was a ten hour ride just to get to Korea. During that ten hour ride, I watched half of Black Swan, Little flockers(?), and Bruce Lee. I also watched this Korean movie about ghost and love (The guy from My Princess was in it :D:D). But most of the time I was just listening to my ipod while sleeping. Listened to the same songs and playlist over and over again. Airplane food… Ate bibimbap. My first time eating it, ever. :O lol. It was good. The ten hours went by kinda quickly. I was very surprised that I didn’t get plane sickness.
After the 10 hour ride, we finally landed in Korea, Seoul. You had no idea how happy I was. It was like a dream come true. I am still happy now that I think about it. LOL. I am such a Korean.lover. JK. ._. I kept thinking: Omg, Beast walked on here before, omg omg. I died a bit on the inside. We walked to the transfer gate right away even though we had three hours to spend at the airport. Walking there was far, but it was worth it all! I noticed that Korean couples love to match, I saw like 6 or 7 pairs of them.. Some of the Korean worker guys were so cute. ^^ So cute. So So So cute. And it was just the airport, I can’t imagine going inside Korea itself. I can’t wait to go back to the airport in 7 days. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes!
Finally, we boarded Korean air to Hong Kong. It was a 3.5 hour ride. Wah, so it took me 10+3.5= 13.5 hours of plane ride to go back to Hong Kong. Because I couldn’t get a seat with my parents so I sat by the window in the seat behind them. My neighbor seat mate was this young man. Haha. He kept hogging the arm rest. I didn’t eat or watch anything, slept during the whole entire ride while listening to my ipod. The three hours went by quickly, and we landed in Hong Kong. My aunty and uncle came to pick us up then we went to their house.
April 11, Monday.
Hong Kong. Hong Kong. My mom made all of us wake up at six in the morning and my aunty took us to ride the ferry to the “HK” section of HK. That area was mostly office buildings and government places. We stood in line with the other 10~ people for an hour waiting for the place to open. We went there to get Visa for Kevin because he couldn’t enter china with that U.S passport of his. The line was growing like crazy, 20+ people joined the line every ten minutes. In conclusion, it was a long wait. I spent almost the entire day outside that building waiting. After that, we went to the big malls outside my cousin’s house. The stuff around the place were expensive- I bought this shirt from the dog place. xD It’s for the funeral. It was 500 HKD. 70USD… ._.
Hong Kong. Hong Kong. My mom made all of us wake up at six in the morning and my aunty took us to ride the ferry to the “HK” section of HK. That area was mostly office buildings and government places. We stood in line with the other 10~ people for an hour waiting for the place to open. We went there to get Visa for Kevin because he couldn’t enter china with that U.S passport of his. The line was growing like crazy, 20+ people joined the line every ten minutes. In conclusion, it was a long wait. I spent almost the entire day outside that building waiting. After that, we went to the big malls outside my cousin’s house. The stuff around the place were expensive- I bought this shirt from the dog place. xD It’s for the funeral. It was 500 HKD. 70USD… ._.
Hong Kong is such a busy city. You see everyone walking in their own little world heading for their destination. I would like to experience such a city for a period of time, but not residing there permanently. Haha. What do I see around HK, CUTE YOUNG MEN. T__T. lol. They are so cute- with their suit, and nicely but not over done hair, and messenger bags. The girls are pretty too, I never noticed how most of them wore make up.
At around 6, me, my parents, kevin, Ivan, Annie&Anna, their parents all rode the subway to the china-HK boarder. Then we went to the place to enter Mainland China. It was already 11 when we got back to China. We came to my grandparents’ house. The house was filled with people. They made my aunty and mom crawl into the house from the outside because they weren’t around when my grandpa passed away… The house was filled with distant relatives, they’ve been staying at my house for the past week. I came inside and saw my grandpa’s picture on the table, with a lot of those candles in front of it. I was starting to realize it, it was coming sense to me. After that, at around 2, we all went to a hotel nearby to get two rooms. Me and Ivan them played cards before sleeping. I forgot to take pictures of the room. Darn. >(
April 12, Tuesday.
It was the day of the funeral. Traditional Chinese funerals are nothing you can imagine. So woke up in the morning, went yum cha with Ivan them while our moms went back to the house. Okay. I don’t want write about every single thing about it. It’s too overwhelming. My mom and all her sister and brothers have to wear this white covering head thing. Reminded me so much of the Ku Klux Klan… These women relatives had to hold on to one of our arms in case we fall down or have a break down. So I had this aunty hold onto me the whole time. I think I cried for the longest at the funeral. Definitely not the loudest, my aunty was screaming at the top of her lung… I don’t know. I had never cried like that before. It was painful crying. I think the crying came from my stomach instead of idk where. But it hurt. I was using my stomach energy to cry… It was so weird. I couldn’t stop my silent weeping, Ivan had to semi hugged me to comfort me. So many people showed up tho. 300+ almost 400… Well, that’s because my grandpa was a very nice and caring person. And he had power too.
It was the day of the funeral. Traditional Chinese funerals are nothing you can imagine. So woke up in the morning, went yum cha with Ivan them while our moms went back to the house. Okay. I don’t want write about every single thing about it. It’s too overwhelming. My mom and all her sister and brothers have to wear this white covering head thing. Reminded me so much of the Ku Klux Klan… These women relatives had to hold on to one of our arms in case we fall down or have a break down. So I had this aunty hold onto me the whole time. I think I cried for the longest at the funeral. Definitely not the loudest, my aunty was screaming at the top of her lung… I don’t know. I had never cried like that before. It was painful crying. I think the crying came from my stomach instead of idk where. But it hurt. I was using my stomach energy to cry… It was so weird. I couldn’t stop my silent weeping, Ivan had to semi hugged me to comfort me. So many people showed up tho. 300+ almost 400… Well, that’s because my grandpa was a very nice and caring person. And he had power too.
Okay. I am going to stop this blogging thing. I don’t know how to do it. I had so many thought and things that I wanted to write about. But now that I am on my laptop typing, I don’t know what to say. I hate it when this happens. As I go through my day, I keep thinking of things to blog and tweet about. But I don’t get to because I have no internet with me. Sad how my life is full of twitter and blogger. I just love sharing my whole life and every little thought to the entire world.
Okay. Maybe I am finally accepting the fact- after seeing my grandpa’s picture on the table with all those candles in front of it- everyday. It’s still hard to believe it tho. It’s kinda weird knowing how my grandpa used to eat all those meat and food, but now- it’s those candles? Like. What? My grandma and mom called me brave because I was in the living room alone that night after the funeral- sitting there looking at the picture of my grandpa sitting there. I don’t know. I cried so much on the day of the funeral that my eyes were super dry. It was a good feeling tho, being able to let it all out and cry until I couldn’t cry anymore. I still get the teary eye weird feeling when I think of memories with my grandpa in it.
I miss China. I miss HK.